Monday, April 20, 2009

Mayonnaise

I (Kayla) am chief mayonnaise maker in our home. I love making it. I'd also love to eat it by the spoonful, but I've not done that yet. It tastes good on homemade crackers, in egg salad, with tuna fish, cold chicken... Have I ever mentioned I love this stuff? :D

Ingredients -- very good place to start. :)

Eggs and mustard in the food processor.



After adding salt, paprika, and lemon juice and blending it for 30 seconds, I add the sunflower oil.

Once the oil is blended, this is the finished product! Very mustardy and yummy, it be. :)

Recipe for Mayonnaise
1 egg, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp salt
Couple shakes of paprika

Blend for 30 seconds. Add 3/4 cup of sunflower oil, through the attachment that drips slowly. The longer you mix, the thicker it gets.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! How much of each ingredient for the mayo? And please don't tell me to "add to taste." haha That never works very well for me!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting. Recipe has been posted.

    ReplyDelete